Then and Now #7 - Doctors' Grace Building
πThe Doctors' Grace Office building, at 452 Washington Street, was originally constructed in 1914 at the behest of Drs. Clarence M Grace, H. M. Grace, and Arthur J. Simpsonπ©Ί. It was designed by local architect R. Warren Roberts and finished around 1916ποΈ. In 1923, Dr. Simpson left the group after a falling out, and a reported fistfightπ₯ with Dr. H. M. Grace. From 1923 until 1963 the building continued to be used for a mix of doctor's officesπ₯ and apartments. First as the offices of the father and son Drs Grace and later as the offices of Charles M. Grace (son of Clarence Grace and Grandson of H. M. Grace) and Dr. W. L. Fair. Dr. John Neal also worked out of the building in the late 1950s. By 1964 the building was the office of Gilbert Cox who managed MFA insuranceπ. A decade later, Chillicothe Baptist Templeβͺ used the building. From 1978 till around 2014 a variety of professionals used the office spaces in the building and multiple salons and a gift shop occupied another part of the building throughout the time it was owned by Mr. and Mrs. Bill Gibson. In 2015 Nathan Zabka purchased the property and since then the building's inside has been remodeledπ οΈ. The front of the building is, at time of writing, occupied by Shooter βs Tap Room and Kitchen, though they plan on moving soon. The remaining portion of the building has remained apartments as they have been for most of the lifetime of the structure.
Click an image below to display the larger version.